2008年10月30日星期四

The Discussion Of CCNA Advice For You

# 01 nikalex


I am currently planning to start studying for my CCNA certification.


Is self study the best one or attending classes? Which books are most recommended for CCNA Routing and Switching?


Is it better to take CCNA once or start from ICND1 and ICND2?


# 02 Kailen Harper


I have allways felt the two exam option and self study is the best way to move forward with a CCNA. The Cisco press books by Wendel Odom for ICND1&2 are an excelent choice. Most importantly though is to get a couple of routers or Dynamips and practice. Learning it in a book and actually doing it are very different things. Watch all of the videos on the site here and play the binary game A LOT. Subnetting is the most important thing to learn since without it the tests will take significantly longer to complete. And time is a valuable resource on the test. 642-445


Get the first book, watch the videos, ask a lot of questions in the forums and just keep working at it. Remember even the CCIE’s had to start somewhere.


# 03 Ryan Helton


Yup, I agree with the poster above. I just passed the ICND1 exam and I felt very prepared having used the ICND1 study guide by Wendell Odom and the CCNA study guide from sybex. I also practiced ios commands using GS3. 642-811


# 04 nikalex


Thank you so much for this valuable advice.I heard Cisco has many versions of routers and switches.


Which ones would you most recommend me for practice? I would move those ones cheap and which can be used for CCNP preparation as well.


# 05 Garry Richardson


Hi there, i also agree with all comments above! i passed CCENT 8 weeks ago and nearly read ICND2. I used Cisco Press materials and CBT nuggets, these 2 products go together a treat!


In regards to lab equipmment, a lot of people say you dont need any equipment to get pass CCENT / CCNA but i purchased for CCENT, 2 2500’s and 1 2950 CAT Switch I found it helped a lot, plus its fun playing with live Cisco IOS.


For ICND2 i’ve purchased another CAT 2950, another 2500 and a 2600. The ICND2 explorers into STP, VTP, Inter-Vlan-Routing and much more. The kit i have now, allows me to setup a network, working with all CCNA layer 2/3 protocols and much more. 000-331


I would advise anyone to spend between £100-£200 on some Cisco Kit when working through the Certs.


# 06 Mike Keedy


I’m following the self study track too, I find the Cisco Press books excellent, use the Boson simulator software and have a few 2nd hand routers and switches for practice.


Good luck in your certification, I’m planning to go straight for the CCNA exam, I hope I’ve made the right descision


# 07 Ryan Helton


Hey Mike, I’d say you’re making the right choice just going for the CCNA exam all at once. To tell you the truth I wish I had just done that becuase I feel like I was almost overprepared for the ICND1 and with a little more study of the ICND2 concepts I could have just knocked out the whole thing in one test. 000-331


# 08 Kerry LeBlanc


I agree with all the good advice here. I decided to go the one exam path myself. For resources I am using the Cisco Press set by Wendell Odem. I also have Todd Lammle’s book (Sybex Study Gude) which is excellent. I bought the Boson Exam simulator and the NetSim as well. I think the Boson exam environment is the most accurate for feel and look. 350-029


I also purchsed some equipment from CiscoKits.com. The books and simulators are great, but nothing compares to laying your hands on the real deal. I got two routers, one switch and a great lab book for about 250.00. Plus the equipment will be what I need as I move on to the CCNP.


Another good resource is the Brynat Advantage. Fairly inexpensive. MB7-515


Robin Lee :: Oct.28.2008 :: CCNA Q&As :: No Comments »


Chris Corino’s 3 Questions About CCNA

I figured this was going to be a short post, but the more I think about it, the longer it gets, LOL. So I am just going to throw out a couple questions I am confused about, and if you can answer ANY of them, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Hope everyone’s work-week is going well!


I am planning for my CCVP due to work requirements. I’m extremely excited. However, I have to get my CCNA or CCNA Voice cert. first. Which do you recommend? Pro/cons?

If I go for the CCNA, I either take the CCNA exam or take the ICND1 and ICND2, correct? Recommendations?

When I look up the CCVP, it says the prerequisites are “CCNA (until June 24, 2009)”. Why is there a deadline? Is the exam being retired or changed?

More of a story, not really a question: Not even knowing there was a “CCNA Voice” certification, I bought a book yesterday from Barnes and Noble. I couldn’t understand how it was possible, but listen to this: I can either buy the CCNA Cert. Library for $95 that trains you on JUST the CCNA. OR I could buy a CCNA cert. Library for $60 that trains you on the CCNA, ICND1, and ICND2, along with a 1-hour training DVD, and 2 CD’s with the books on PDF, and 400 practice questions. Anyone see anything wrong with that picture?!? They were both made by Cisco, but the $60 one was a “Barnes and Noble Exclusive Edition”. Needless to say, I got the $60 one. 70-631


Helpful answer form Timothy Walsh:


You’ll need to do it in the following order:


CCNA (Note that you can break this into two tests, ICND1 which gets you the CCENT certification followed by the ICND2 which then makes you a CCNA)

CCNA-Voice (This certification requires you to first be a CCNA, hence step 1. This is a new cert which is why the CCVP has the deadline you spoke of, basically Cisco is allowing those of us already working on the CCVP to finish it before requiring the CCNA-Voice cert.)

CCVP (Currently only requires the CCNA, but after 6/24/09 will require the CCNA-Voice cert) 642-444

Robin Lee :: Oct.22.2008 :: CCNA Q&As :: No Comments »


CCNA Discovery 4, Is the First 2 Modules Enough For CCENT Exam?

# 01 Araza


Dear All, I am thinking in registering for NETCAD and wanted some advice. It says that after the first 2 modules in the CCNA Discovery 4.0 you will have all the material to sit for the CCENT certification exam, is this true? Not calling Cisco liars but has anyone who has studied the first 2 modules of the CCNA Discovery 4.0 set the CCENT exam? If yes, can you advise if the first 2 modules are sufficient. 650-251


# 02 Chetan


Hi Araza, I completed CCNA Exploration 4.0 course from NETACAD, India in august this year. Contentwise, Cisco says that Exploration track is more advanced than the Discovery Track. 156-215.1


The course curriculum is good.


First two modules of Discovery 4.0 track are meant for the CCENT certification. And they cover all the necessary topics in sufficient detail. But my personal advice is that not to rely on First two Modules completely although they cover the required syllabus.


Keeping in mind the long term goal of obtaining CCNA certificate after CCENT, I personally think that one should Also go for CCENT / CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide by Wendell Odom. 70-624


Cisco NetAcad Material + Cisco Press Books are a great combination. The online tests at the academy are also of good quality.


# 03 Araza


Hi Chetan, Thanks man,that makes a lot of sense. I have purchased the Wendell Odom ICND1 book as well. I am thinking of buying the CBT videos. I am very new to networking so i need all the info that i can get. I don’t want to buy too much as this will confuse me so i thought one book and one video should do. Once again thanks for your advice.


# 04 Chetan


Hi Araza, I just wanted to share some information about CBT videos. I haven’t used those videos, but on the following link I found some information that might be of some use to you.


Please go through both of the following links, and not just one.


https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/3662#3662

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/4575#4575


More information:642-552 220-601 
646-363 70-646 642-453 70-236 642-415 642-456 350-018 642-373 640-816 70-642 70-271 70-445 642-691 ex0-101 70-237 NS0-201 70-643

没有评论: